One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The warm practical clothes of winter whose sole functions were to provide warmth and comfort are shed as their weight and dowdiness becomes unbearable.’
- ‘Camogie's image of dowdiness is largely a thing of the past and glamour has its place in the game’
- ‘The Bridgwater end is probably the least attractive, showing more than its fair share of the graffiti, discarded trash and general dowdiness of a run-down town.’
- ‘They know nothing of the authentic scent of dust and dowdiness.’
- ‘She made me feel ashamed of my relative dowdiness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.