One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An obnoxious or contemptible person (typically used of a man)‘he's a total douchenozzle and the whole premise of the show is absurd’
- ‘He brings the meaning of douchenozzle to a whole new level.’
- ‘Either he is an idiot or he's one of the biggest douchenozzles on the planet.’
- ‘Dude, not having an accident in 20 years doesn't mean you're not a douchenozzle.’
- ‘Guys make fun of this archetypal douchenozzle even more than women do.’
- ‘The guy's an utter douchenozzle and deserves his new-found reputation.’
Mid 19th century (originally denoting a shower nozzle): from douche + nozzle. The current sense dates from the 1990s.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.