One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounNorth American
Obnoxious or contemptible behaviour.‘no one gets away with that much douchebaggery without consequences’
- ‘Critics of the show accused it of celebrating Hollywood excess, vapidity and overall douchebaggery.’
- ‘It is certainly not the first time we have heard about rampant douchebaggery going on.’
- ‘If one could be sentenced to jail time for committing acts of douchebaggery, he would have a life sentence by now.’
- ‘His douchebaggery knows no ends!’
- ‘The cast is plagued with a severe case of over-acting and douchebaggery.’
- ‘Apologies for my douchebaggery.’
- ‘He may not be anxious to entertain offers from a family with a reputation for douchebaggery.’
- ‘The douchebaggery emerged shortly after the couple were married.’
- ‘Bobby is the king of douchebaggery.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.