One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I would have expected anger, doubtfulness, maybe regret, but he seemed to do it with absolutely no emotion.’
- ‘And he seemed to think meditation and working on this would eventually ‘make you doubt the doubtfulness.’’
- ‘Then I shook my head violently, trying to clear it of the doubtfulness that clouded it.’
- ‘The doubtfulness of it comes out, by the way, when it is noticed that this idea can make two items that are in a fundamental way absolutely identical into two different thoughts.’
- ‘‘We're twenty-two years old, we can do this,’ Luke tried to sound bright, but Jake heard the doubtfulness in his voice.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.