One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘I don't know,’ she said doubtfully, yet again pushing damp, dust-clogged hair out of her eyes.’
- ‘I enjoyed the reunion with my sister and my mother, who smiled doubtfully when I promised I would resume my daily visit.’
- ‘She shook her head doubtfully, but smiled at me as if to say that she wouldn't be altogether unhappy if I was wrong.’
- ‘‘Might be a bit hard with this old rusty Mazda hatchback,’ I mused doubtfully.’
- ‘She passed in front of a mirror and frowned doubtfully at the outfit she was wearing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.