One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who questions or lacks faith in something; a sceptic.‘he had proved all his doubters wrong’
sceptic, doubting thomas, non-believer, unbeliever, disbeliever, cynic, scoffer, questioner, challenger, nihilist, dissenterView synonyms
- ‘The challenge now is to convert the doubters into believers.’
- ‘The coaching staff and players finally proved any early season doubters wrong about their ability to succeed this season.’
- ‘Since then the pessimism has subsided and he hears less from the doubters telling him he made one huge mistake in leaving Liverpool.’
- ‘Now he will have to face the ambitious doubters in his party and deal with pointed questions about his leadership style.’
- ‘We have the determination to prove our doubters very wrong.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.