Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A score of double twenty.
- ‘Although Dickov celebrated a double top, it was Pedersen who took the goodies on Bully's prize board with a darting, dashing performance on the left.’
- ‘The game went right to the wire with the advantage seesawing between the two players until Taylor finally shot out with double top to win his second Embassy and collect a cheque for £28,000.’
- ‘The 31-year-old from Bristol, known as ‘Mase the Ace’ even had a dart at double top for a 3-0 victory but missed, allowing King to cut the gap to 2-1.’
- ‘And it looked like Simms could win as he had a shot at double three but Atkins became a pain for Lancashire with a 15-dart finish, hitting 20 and double top for Yorkshire.’
- ‘He then strode up and thudded three darts out of three into double top.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.