One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The use of twice the usual number of bits to represent a number, giving greater arithmetic accuracy.as modifier ‘run on a computer in double-precision arithmetic’
- ‘My binary math is a little rusty, but that limit seems to correspond to 32-bit double precision real arithmetic.’
- ‘All real variables in the program were declared as double precision.’
- ‘When writing software, this can be achieved by using statistical software or a programming language offering double precision rather than a spreadsheet, and by obtaining error estimates using the methods reviewed in this paper.’
- ‘The type is notorious because of its single precision overflow behavior, so most people end up using even when double precision is not required.’
- ‘The calculations were performed by a Fortran program with double precision.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.