One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pair of parallel helices intertwined about a common axis, especially that in the structure of the DNA molecule.
- ‘In an actin filament, two chains of actin beads wrap around each other in yet another double helix.’
- ‘The opening of basepairs in DNA double helices is a prerequisite for propagation and expression of genetic information.’
- ‘During translocation the elongation complex moves along the DNA double helix carrying an RNA chain of increasing length.’
- ‘What do an oily rain puddle in the parking lot, a compact disc, and the discovery of the DNA double helix have in common?’
- ‘Water is essential for the stability and function of ‘the aperiodic crystal of heredity’ the DNA double helix.’
- ‘This molecule, however, can exist in two enantiomeric forms depending on how the molecule enters the DNA double helix.’
- ‘The DNA double helix, the first structure of a biological molecule, was determined by X-ray crystallography in 1953.’
- ‘Topoisomerases are able to relieve torsional stress in DNA double helices and separate intertwined DNA molecules.’
- ‘The structural distortions at the site of damage are translated across the DNA double helix to the active site of human topoisomerase I.’
- ‘This comes from the structure of the sugar molecules used in the DNA double helix.’
- ‘Similar hydrogen bonds from the adenine amino groups are also involved in the binding of proteins into the major groove of DNA double helices.’
- ‘As the force is increased, the structural parameters of the DNA double helix are revealed, including the free energy of the basepair interaction.’
- ‘The DNA structure is a double helix looking something like a twisted ladder.’
- ‘Genetics and crime fighting are becoming as intertwined as the DNA double helix.’
- ‘In order to see the primary structure, the double helix of DNA is unzipped and the pattern of nucleotides is revealed.’
- ‘Further spermidine penetration between the double helices causes DNA resolubilization.’
- ‘Clearly, the rigidity is different for the regions consisting of one double helix or two double helices and the bends are likely to be localized at certain points within the unit.’
- ‘The links between pairs of bases are responsible for binding together two strands to form the characteristic double helix of a DNA molecule.’
- ‘As the replication forks progress along the template strands the newly synthesized daughter strands and parental template strands reform a DNA double helix.’
- ‘This ensures that no basepair in the DNA double helix, regardless of its sequence context, acquires a very high thermodynamic propensity for opening.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.