One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A style of dress in which a denim jacket or shirt is worn with a pair of jeans or a denim skirt, often regarded as a breach of fashion etiquette.‘wearing a suit and no socks is a cardinal sin—it's even worse than double denim’
- ‘He's wearing double denim and has his polo collar up.’
- ‘While Cory did double denim in jeans and a shirt, Lea dressed down in a baseball jacket and suede high tops.’
- ‘I mean, this will be the only time I can wear double denim and get away with it.’
- ‘This can be worn with a floral bomber jacket, or you could even get away with double denim.’
- ‘Many men can't pull off denim jeans but Tom can go double denim and look hot!’
- ‘Oh hey, a bland, derivative, double-denim clad garage rock band!’
- ‘Miranda proved you can wear double denim and look good at the same time, judging by her outfit choice yesterday.’
- ‘I've been trying to get around this by wearing more denim, but I'm terrified of the double-denim look.’
- ‘For the bash, the singer donned two pairs of jeans layered over one another to create an on-trend double denim effect.’
- ‘He also showcased a new and innovative take on evening wear with double denim covered in sparkly patches and badges.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.