One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A style of dress in which a denim jacket or shirt is worn with a pair of jeans or a denim skirt, often regarded as a breach of fashion etiquette.‘wearing a suit and no socks is a cardinal sin—it's even worse than double denim’
- ‘He's wearing double denim and has his polo collar up.’
- ‘Oh hey, a bland, derivative, double-denim clad garage rock band!’
- ‘For the bash, the singer donned two pairs of jeans layered over one another to create an on-trend double denim effect.’
- ‘This can be worn with a floral bomber jacket, or you could even get away with double denim.’
- ‘While Cory did double denim in jeans and a shirt, Lea dressed down in a baseball jacket and suede high tops.’
- ‘I mean, this will be the only time I can wear double denim and get away with it.’
- ‘Miranda proved you can wear double denim and look good at the same time, judging by her outfit choice yesterday.’
- ‘He also showcased a new and innovative take on evening wear with double denim covered in sparkly patches and badges.’
- ‘Many men can't pull off denim jeans but Tom can go double denim and look hot!’
- ‘I've been trying to get around this by wearing more denim, but I'm terrified of the double-denim look.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.