One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A concerto for two solo instruments.
- ‘The VCD features the violin maestro playing a double concerto with Ricci and Nazareth, apart from his own composition ‘Ragam, Tanam, Pallavi’ in Charukesi.’
- ‘The soloists play their own cadenzas; the cadenza in the double concerto is based on Levin and Flothuis.’
- ‘Friedemann's Flute Concerto (not a double concerto at all!) was recently rediscovered in Kiev.’
- ‘He is joined in the double concerto by Hunt and in the concerto for violin and oboe by Casey.’
- ‘On Tuesday the Gramophone Award-winning violinist Podger joins The Academy of Accient Music for an evening of double concertos and concerti grossi by the three masters of the Baroque - Bach, Handel and Vivaldi.’
- ‘It's part of [Golani's] plan of having double concertos written for her.’
- ‘The following year he played the Bach double concerto with Blinder and the San Francisco Symphony under Monteux, and the Tchaikovsky concerto with the Los Angeles Philharmonic under Klemperer.’
- ‘The second movement of the double concerto is a love duet.’
- ‘Ten years later, she received a phone call: the ‘something’ had become an enormous double concerto for flute and trombone, eight male voices and orchestra.’
- ‘Skalkottas died from a ruptured appendix in 1949, unknown, unpublished, unrecorded and unplayed, before he had orchestrated this double concerto.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.