One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A concerto for two solo instruments.
- ‘It's part of [Golani's] plan of having double concertos written for her.’
- ‘He is joined in the double concerto by Hunt and in the concerto for violin and oboe by Casey.’
- ‘On Tuesday the Gramophone Award-winning violinist Podger joins The Academy of Accient Music for an evening of double concertos and concerti grossi by the three masters of the Baroque - Bach, Handel and Vivaldi.’
- ‘Skalkottas died from a ruptured appendix in 1949, unknown, unpublished, unrecorded and unplayed, before he had orchestrated this double concerto.’
- ‘The soloists play their own cadenzas; the cadenza in the double concerto is based on Levin and Flothuis.’
- ‘The second movement of the double concerto is a love duet.’
- ‘The VCD features the violin maestro playing a double concerto with Ricci and Nazareth, apart from his own composition ‘Ragam, Tanam, Pallavi’ in Charukesi.’
- ‘The following year he played the Bach double concerto with Blinder and the San Francisco Symphony under Monteux, and the Tchaikovsky concerto with the Los Angeles Philharmonic under Klemperer.’
- ‘Ten years later, she received a phone call: the ‘something’ had become an enormous double concerto for flute and trombone, eight male voices and orchestra.’
- ‘Friedemann's Flute Concerto (not a double concerto at all!) was recently rediscovered in Kiev.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.