One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A semi-permanent mobile home consisting of two separate units connected on site.‘she left the double-wide empty’
- ‘She lives in a double-wide with her six kids.’
- ‘And we were a single-wide, to the right of us was a double-wide, and behind us was a house and a double-wide which were completely destroyed.’
- ‘Yes, my mother's new double-wide was located in an ‘over 55 trailer park.’’
- ‘She reminded me of one of those beauties who sometimes emerge from hard country clapboards or trash-strewn double-wides.’
- ‘‘This is where we used to drag race,’ he said, pointing out the blue-collar flatlands of double-wides and modest houses on the streets of El Cajon.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.