One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A thick bread roll cut through in two places to allow for two layers of filling.‘I remembered school days of double-cut rolls oozing with fave fillings’
- ‘You can not beat a well-made double cut roll!’
- ‘I scrolled the menu quickly: focaccia, lepinya, zucchini quiche; where were all the familiar words like peanut butter, pasty, bun, double-cut roll, custard tart?’
- ‘They do lasagne, potato bake, hot dogs, fish and chips, and even double cut rolls.’
- ‘The chef who took over the popular Sandwich Board said she had trouble finding a baker who understood the double-cut roll.’
- ‘He was particularly surprised by the huge number of people who wanted to discuss the Balfour's pies and pasties, double cut rolls, and kitchener buns they enjoyed from school tuck shops.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.