One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A thick bread roll cut through in two places to allow for two layers of filling.‘I remembered school days of double-cut rolls oozing with fave fillings’
- ‘You can not beat a well-made double cut roll!’
- ‘The chef who took over the popular Sandwich Board said she had trouble finding a baker who understood the double-cut roll.’
- ‘He was particularly surprised by the huge number of people who wanted to discuss the Balfour's pies and pasties, double cut rolls, and kitchener buns they enjoyed from school tuck shops.’
- ‘They do lasagne, potato bake, hot dogs, fish and chips, and even double cut rolls.’
- ‘I scrolled the menu quickly: focaccia, lepinya, zucchini quiche; where were all the familiar words like peanut butter, pasty, bun, double-cut roll, custard tart?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.