One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The relationship between the size of a dose and the extent of the response to it.
- ‘For measurements of bronchial responsiveness, cumulative dose-response curves for the changes in lung resistance with increasing doses of carbachol were constructed.’
- ‘As opposed to data from an adult population, no plateau was reached in the dose-response curve using the above doses over time.’
- ‘Instead, their confirmation would question the prevailing paradigm of a linear dose-response curve for small doses of ionizing radiation on the population level in a fallout situation.’
- ‘The most promising agents are characterised more fully in the animal models to evaluate, for example, dose-response curves, dosing regimens, and combinations with other agents tested.’
- ‘Indeed, an increase in the slope of the dose-response curve (airway reactivity) or in maximum bronchoconstrictor response may also be observed, although these are less commonly reported.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.