One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Rules of behaviour.‘I have no knowledge of the political dos and don'ts’
- ‘They see religion as a mere list of dos and don'ts, and little else.’
- ‘As part of this programme, hostel cooks were taught the dos and don'ts of purchasing vegetables, serving food, preserving food and raw material.’
- ‘Rattled by this experience and not knowing what he had done to offend, our visitor asked me for some guidance on the dos and don'ts of the local culture.’
- ‘We are given some dos and don'ts that must be followed over the coming weeks’
- ‘Here are some dos and don'ts once you land in the U.S.’
- ‘It's as easy to take a good picture as it is to take a bad one, if the photographer is aware of a few basic dos and don'ts.’
- ‘However, we are happy to explain the dos and don'ts to anybody who wants guidance.’
- ‘There are a few dos and don'ts when it comes to preparing and cooking sprouts.’
- ‘What's more, there are some quite complicated rituals governing the dos and don'ts of everyday interaction.’
- ‘I'd say I've become more confident and learnt the dos and don'ts of the industry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.