One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- short for denial of service
- ‘This is the second attempt to tack a DoS extension onto the Computer Misuse Act.’
- ‘We have proved that this vulnerability can be easily exploited and can be used to DoS almost any SMTP service on the Internet.’
- ‘Bombs and bullets kill people; computer viruses and DoS attacks merely irritate us.’
- ‘In trying to prevent a DoS attack they have managed to deny service to thousands of users.’
- ‘In this case, the attackers would launch a DoS attack to consume the resources of the network and computers, especially web servers.’
Disk operating system, an operating system originally developed for IBM personal computers.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.