One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of, denoting, or extending along an axis joining the dorsal and ventral surfaces.
- ‘Each specimen was cut and polished along the median dorsoventral plane with a graded series of carborundum and diamond pastes.’
- ‘The nuclei are desynchronized along the dorsoventral axis with chromosome bridges.’
- ‘Contraction of dorsoventral muscles diminishes the space between dorsal and ventral cuticular trunk plates, increases the pressure in the small but liquid-filled body cavity, and last but not least protrudes the head.’
- ‘In galloping, the epaxial and hypaxial muscles function to produce dorsoventral bending of the vertebral column, and muscles fire bilaterally and uniphasically.’
- ‘The tuning of the saccular afferent axons to dorsoventral vibrations is well matched to this spectrum.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.