Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Of, denoting, or extending along an axis joining the dorsal and ventral surfaces.
- ‘Contraction of dorsoventral muscles diminishes the space between dorsal and ventral cuticular trunk plates, increases the pressure in the small but liquid-filled body cavity, and last but not least protrudes the head.’
- ‘The tuning of the saccular afferent axons to dorsoventral vibrations is well matched to this spectrum.’
- ‘The nuclei are desynchronized along the dorsoventral axis with chromosome bridges.’
- ‘Each specimen was cut and polished along the median dorsoventral plane with a graded series of carborundum and diamond pastes.’
- ‘In galloping, the epaxial and hypaxial muscles function to produce dorsoventral bending of the vertebral column, and muscles fire bilaterally and uniphasically.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.