One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or involving the dorsal and lateral surfaces.
- ‘The lateral and medial lemnisci are gathered together in a large bundle that passes around the dorsolateral surface of the superior cerebellar peduncle to reach the midbrain tegmentum.’
- ‘The dorsolateral surface of the mastoid portion forms a shelf, sometimes referred to as the occipital ridge (since it lacks a ridge and is nowhere near the occiput).’
- ‘The pulvinar of the thalamus is seen dorsolateral to the midbrain.’
- ‘Common are paired dorsal scars immediately in front of the last suture on the dorsal or dorsolateral side of the body.’
- ‘Brain imaging studies have implicated hypofunction of the left dorsolateral prefrontal cortex in depression.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.