One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Bend (something, typically the hand or foot) dorsally or towards its upper surface.‘the subject dorsiflexed the ankle’
- ‘The patient then dorsiflexes the foot 10 times according to a standard protocol and then rests for 45 seconds.’
- ‘These tendons can be accentuated by dorsiflexing the ankle and the great toe against resistance.’
- ‘The equinus is corrected by dorsiflexing the fully abducted foot.’
- ‘As a result of the pit's size, the woman's neck was strongly dorsiflexed, and the hands and feet were crowded against the pit wall.’
- ‘On the other hand, eversion of an axially loaded and dorsiflexed ankle may be a far more prevalent injury mechanism in snowboarding compared with other activities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.