One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sheep of a breed with a white face and horns on both the ewe and the ram.
- ‘However we still have one or two clients who want Dorset Horns each year, arguing that they are still the best prime lamb sires available.’
- ‘We introduced Dorset Horns to France in 2004 and make both available to breeders in Europe.’
- ‘Imported to Australia in 1895, the Dorset Horn is one of the oldest and purest breeds to come from England.’
- ‘The Poll Dorset was developed from the Dorset Horn and has all the same characteristics, merely without the horns.’
- ‘It is also thought that during Elizabethan times, sheep escaping from wrecks off Portland mated with the Dorset Horn and they received an infusion of Merino-like blood.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.