One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sheep of a breed with a white face and horns on both the ewe and the ram.
- ‘We introduced Dorset Horns to France in 2004 and make both available to breeders in Europe.’
- ‘However we still have one or two clients who want Dorset Horns each year, arguing that they are still the best prime lamb sires available.’
- ‘It is also thought that during Elizabethan times, sheep escaping from wrecks off Portland mated with the Dorset Horn and they received an infusion of Merino-like blood.’
- ‘Imported to Australia in 1895, the Dorset Horn is one of the oldest and purest breeds to come from England.’
- ‘The Poll Dorset was developed from the Dorset Horn and has all the same characteristics, merely without the horns.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.