One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sheep of a breed with a brown face and legs.
- ‘Wool from the Dorset Down and Dorset Horn Breeds is of particularly fine texture with a short staple.’
- ‘Today we believe that modern Dorset Down rams are one of the best suited breeds to produce prime export lambs.’
- ‘The British Wool Marketing Board classes Dorset Down wool as one of the highest grades in the country; considerable quantities of it go to the hosiery trade.’
- ‘The Dorset Down is a terminal sire and has no equal for early maturing lamb production.’
- ‘The aim of this study was to estimate correlated responses in lean, fat and bone weights in vivo in Dorset Down sheep selected for lean tissue growth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.