One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sheep of a breed with a brown face and legs.
- ‘The British Wool Marketing Board classes Dorset Down wool as one of the highest grades in the country; considerable quantities of it go to the hosiery trade.’
- ‘Today we believe that modern Dorset Down rams are one of the best suited breeds to produce prime export lambs.’
- ‘The Dorset Down is a terminal sire and has no equal for early maturing lamb production.’
- ‘The aim of this study was to estimate correlated responses in lean, fat and bone weights in vivo in Dorset Down sheep selected for lean tissue growth.’
- ‘Wool from the Dorset Down and Dorset Horn Breeds is of particularly fine texture with a short staple.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.