Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A motor caravan that can be used for sleeping in.
mobile home, camper, caravanetteView synonyms
- ‘If you would like to see what Dormobiles look like I have a page with pictures.’
- ‘I spent an hour there, waiting for the Dormobile to be excavated, looking for puffins.’
- ‘On a per model basis I strongly suspect that Dormobiles are the most traveled model of Land Rover.’
- ‘From the late 1960s my family spent every weekend and most of the summer holidays axle-deep in a muddy field surrounded by 50 or so other Dormobiles.’
- ‘We had a women's meeting that night, and on the spur of the moment we decided to get in a Dormobile and go down there.’
1950s: blend of dormitory and automobile.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.