One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A motor caravan that can be used for sleeping in.
mobile home, camper, caravanetteView synonyms
- ‘If you would like to see what Dormobiles look like I have a page with pictures.’
- ‘On a per model basis I strongly suspect that Dormobiles are the most traveled model of Land Rover.’
- ‘I spent an hour there, waiting for the Dormobile to be excavated, looking for puffins.’
- ‘From the late 1960s my family spent every weekend and most of the summer holidays axle-deep in a muddy field surrounded by 50 or so other Dormobiles.’
- ‘We had a women's meeting that night, and on the spur of the moment we decided to get in a Dormobile and go down there.’
1950s: blend of dormitory and automobile.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.