One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bungalow that has a dormer window in the roof space.
- ‘Other neighbours also queried the scale of the plans for the former dormer bungalow.’
- ‘The dormer bungalow has oil-fired central heating, an alarm, double glazing, two en suite bathrooms and fully fitted units in the kitchen.’
- ‘I own my own house, a dormer bungalow, which I bought last year.’
- ‘The site, which is located on the Dublin Road, is zoned for industrial use but at the moment houses a seven-bedroom dormer bungalow with garage and landscaped gardens.’
- ‘A teenager and his girlfriend sleeping in the top floor room of the dormer bungalow were forced to climb through their window and leap ten feet to safety.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.