One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bungalow that has a dormer window in the roof space.
- ‘A teenager and his girlfriend sleeping in the top floor room of the dormer bungalow were forced to climb through their window and leap ten feet to safety.’
- ‘The dormer bungalow has oil-fired central heating, an alarm, double glazing, two en suite bathrooms and fully fitted units in the kitchen.’
- ‘The site, which is located on the Dublin Road, is zoned for industrial use but at the moment houses a seven-bedroom dormer bungalow with garage and landscaped gardens.’
- ‘I own my own house, a dormer bungalow, which I bought last year.’
- ‘Other neighbours also queried the scale of the plans for the former dormer bungalow.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.