One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Tibetan Buddhism) a representation of a thunderbolt in the form of a short double trident or sceptre, symbolizing the male aspect of the spirit and held during invocations and prayers.Compare with vajra
- ‘This means that psionic tattoos, power stones, and dorjes, among other items, are never intelligent.’
- ‘Below you will find the dorje graphic divider and bullets designed for this page.’
- ‘The handbell and the dorje are the principal ritual objects of Tantric Buddhism.’
- ‘In front of him are bell and dorje that he is shortly to use.’
- ‘He was teaching his Western students practices that required bells, dorjes and other traditional items, but was unable to find a reliable source for them.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.