One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Releasing or involving dopamine as a neurotransmitter.
- ‘The causes of mania and depression are biochemical changes in adrenergic and dopaminergic brain messengers.’
- ‘Those who had taken levodopa or a dopaminergic agonist in the preceding two months were excluded.’
- ‘It binds to a number of receptor sites in the body, including serotonin, adrenergic and dopaminergic receptors.’
- ‘Its primary actions alter both the dopaminergic and the opioid systems as well as other neurotransmitter systems.’
- ‘Effects of glucocorticoids on dopaminergic activity are also strongly context and regionally dependent.’
1960s: from dopamine + Greek ergon ‘work’ + -ic.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.