Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Releasing or involving dopamine as a neurotransmitter.
- ‘Those who had taken levodopa or a dopaminergic agonist in the preceding two months were excluded.’
- ‘It binds to a number of receptor sites in the body, including serotonin, adrenergic and dopaminergic receptors.’
- ‘Its primary actions alter both the dopaminergic and the opioid systems as well as other neurotransmitter systems.’
- ‘The causes of mania and depression are biochemical changes in adrenergic and dopaminergic brain messengers.’
- ‘Effects of glucocorticoids on dopaminergic activity are also strongly context and regionally dependent.’
1960s: from dopamine + Greek ergon work + -ic.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.