One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A prize which each person present at an event has a chance to win, usually by means of a draw or raffle.
- ‘There will be a raffle on the night with lots of prizes with a special door prize of a portable television - an ideal Christmas present.’
- ‘There will be loads of prizes for everyone including raffle and a door prize.’
- ‘There will be spot prizes and a raffle and door prize.’
- ‘Tickets are €3 each with a cheese and wine reception, door prize and a later raffle for valuable prizes.’
- ‘A wine and cheese reception will start proceedings on the night and after the show there will be a draw for a door prize plus exciting spot prizes.’
- ‘The door prize on your ticket will be a meal for two.’
- ‘Light refreshments will be served and there will be a free door prize, face painting, dancing and children's activities plus lots more.’
- ‘There was a draw for a door prize and also a raffle for lovely prizes.’
- ‘Tickets are £1 and there will be a door prize, a raffle and an auction.’
- ‘When your reading light works, it's like winning the door prize - a little victory, a beam from heaven.’
- ‘At the Cabaret there will be a raffle for prizes, and on your tickets a door prize so do come along and enjoy a great night and support a good cause.’
- ‘There will be a cheese and wine reception and also the chance to win a door prize with your ticket.’
- ‘The hall will be heated and there will be a cheese and wine reception, a door prize and a raffle for valuable prizes on the night.’
- ‘There will be a valuable door prize and a prize for the most appropriate dress.’
- ‘Valuable prizes will be given away on the night including a door prize, a hamper and many more prizes.’
- ‘Ticket holders will be included in a door prize draw.’
- ‘There is also a door prize and plenty of spot prizes to be won on the night.’
- ‘There was a door prize and a fundraiser, so we had some nice prizes for the winners.’
- ‘There will be a door prize and raffle prizes on offer.’
- ‘Door tickets still on sale by committee members and even if not attending the event, you can still purchase a ticket and enter the door prize draw for three nice prizes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.