One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This tract does much more than repeat the standard doomsaying one normally expects from those who support it.’
- ‘Their endless doomsaying can grow tiresome but more often it's fun to play along.’
- ‘It has undoubtedly not escaped your notice that the godfather of optimism was a quack doctor and backwoods preacher, while the founder of the school of doomsaying was a legitimate philosopher.’
- ‘He lords this over her, berating her for every little slip-up, belittling even her successful activities and doomsaying any new ideas that she comes up with.’
- ‘Their track record of doomsaying isn't really very good.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.