One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His style is a blend of Gaelic eloquence, Harvard donnishness and American stump evangelism.’
- ‘Whatever middle-class donnishness I inherited quickly withered as I became involved in left-wing student and anti-racist politics.’
- ‘The donnishness at least is not illusory: he lectures in forensic medicine at the University of Turin.’
- ‘I was slightly bemused by his Oxford donnishness, a role assiduously cultivated.’
- ‘In many ways it seems to hark back to a bygone age, with its wine, cigars and unashamed donnishness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.