One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A race between competitors riding donkeys.
- ‘There will be a dog agility display, donkey derby, traditional Irish country cooking, trade stalls, amusements, and lots more, with entertainment for all ages.’
- ‘For the past five years a committee in the area has organised an annual donkey derby in the picturesque seaside resort, the proceeds of which have gone to assist health and education projects in Africa.’
- ‘Many of the attractive houseplants sold by your local supermarket or garden centre are, to the expert eye, like a frisky racehorse being bought by someone whose equestrian experience is no more extensive than a donkey derby.’
- ‘The other hot topic is this week's donkey derby between Wolves and Leicester.’
- ‘This year we're going to have donkey classes for the first time and we also hope to have a donkey derby.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.