One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A race between competitors riding donkeys.
- ‘This year we're going to have donkey classes for the first time and we also hope to have a donkey derby.’
- ‘There will be a dog agility display, donkey derby, traditional Irish country cooking, trade stalls, amusements, and lots more, with entertainment for all ages.’
- ‘The other hot topic is this week's donkey derby between Wolves and Leicester.’
- ‘Many of the attractive houseplants sold by your local supermarket or garden centre are, to the expert eye, like a frisky racehorse being bought by someone whose equestrian experience is no more extensive than a donkey derby.’
- ‘For the past five years a committee in the area has organised an annual donkey derby in the picturesque seaside resort, the proceeds of which have gone to assist health and education projects in Africa.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.