One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An aromatic herb native to China and Japan, the root of which is used by herbalists to treat premenstrual syndrome and menopausal symptoms.
Angelica sinensis, family Umbelliferae
- ‘Do bust-enhancing supplements that contain herbs like black cohosh, dong quai, and saw palmetto work?’
- ‘This also is true of many herbal tablets, capsules and extracts, including black or blue cohosh, ephedra, dong quai, feverfew, juniper, pennyroyal, St. John's wort, rosemary and thuja.’
- ‘Herbal medications that may increase the risk of bleeding if used concurrently with ginkgo include the following: feverfew, garlic, ginseng, dong quai, red clover, and other natural coumarins.’
- ‘They maintain that the synergistic effect of dong quai acting with other herbs accounts for the beneficial effects.’
- ‘She tried soy and the herbs dong quai, black cohosh, and red clover, as well as acupressure, massage, and yoga.’
From Chinese dāngguī.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.