One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Said in protest when someone introduces a subject of which the speaker has had bitter personal experience.‘don't talk to me about credit cards—I just got the bill for my Christmas excesses today!’
- ‘And don't talk to me about personal kinds of campaigning.’
- ‘But for some strange reason - and don't talk to me about coincidence - all three sons, each unaware of the other, decided to contact me at exactly the same time.’
- ‘And don't talk to me about the series, we both know that I took major liberties with the last incident, but it's still better than the series.’
- ‘So don't talk to me about discrimination, or racism.’
- ‘Tax the rich, and don't talk to me about capital flight.’
- ‘And don't talk to me about filtering software.’
- ‘And don't talk to me about numbers, because just about everyone who is good enough to make the NBA is good enough to compile numbers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.