One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They failed dismally to translate their periods of dominancy into sufficient scores that could have salvaged something from this game.’
- ‘This has become possible only with the transformation of patriarchy under the pressures of modernity that promotes equality as a goal and the dominancy of the professional ethos that the militaries cannot refrain from in modernization.’
- ‘The most obvious factor at play in determining dominancy is sheer physical size.’
- ‘The only phase of the match, in which they struggled with their game, was in the second quarter, when their challengers exploited their only period of dominancy to score six points in succession to draw level in the 26th minute.’
- ‘I think she has latent dominancy issues to sort out.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.