One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The state of living or being domiciled in a place.
occupancy, occupation, residence, residency, living in, housing, billeting, quartering, tenureView synonyms
- ‘During my domiciliaton among them, I was received as one of the family.’
- ‘One of the main issues affecting the hedge fund industry is what to do about domiciliation.’
- ‘Marriage and domiciliation confers citizenship via registration or naturalization.’
- ‘The State Attorney General considered that domiciliation of a foreign company was a prerequisite for signing an arbitration agreement.’
- ‘Hedge fund-friendly EU locations are pushing hard to promote themselves as an alternative domiciliation location.’
Late 18th century: from obsolete verb domiciliate, from Latin domicilium (see domicile).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.