One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A press stud consisting of a rounded portion which clips into a socket, used especially as a fastener for gloves.
- ‘The disadvantages of trying to make dome fastener work as a quick release were no longer an issue.’
- ‘I've used stainless steel dome fasteners to attach windows a few times now and it really depends on the shape of the cut as to how effective and attractive they are.’
- ‘There are also collars on the stays, closed with dome fasteners.’
- ‘The front and cuffs of the shirt are buttoned; while the bellowed chest pocket has two dome fasteners.’
- ‘Any other suitable fastening means, such as dome fasteners or clips could be used.’
- ‘Hooks and loops, or dome fasteners may be used to close the placket and should be placed pretty closely.’
- ‘100% acrylic, suede backing and dome fasteners offer all year round comfort and protection.’
- ‘There are two dome fasteners and elastic to hold it firmly to your golf bag.’
- ‘Cool off by undoing your arm, chest, pit and back vents, lowering the front zipper (holding the jacket together by its dome fasteners), and unzipping pant legs from either the top or bottom.’
- ‘Suitable interactive fasteners would include hook and loop fasteners, dome fasteners and magnetic fasteners.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.