One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(chiefly of geological features) having the form of a dome.‘continental plates also give rise to domal uplifts’
- ‘These events were preceded by plume-related domal uplift.’
- ‘The Helland-Hansen Arch (formerly referred to as the Molde High) is one of the largest domal features.’
- ‘The shelf sinters are domal and resemble stromatolites.’
- ‘They are also commonly associated with large domal uplifts and have an underlying lithosphere that, like mid-ocean ridges, is abnormally thin, and invaded by low-velocity, high-temperature material.’
- ‘The slurry of fluid plus grains is then ‘erupted’ at the sediment-water interface, forming domal structures akin to volcanoes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.