One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(chiefly of geological features) having the form of a dome.‘continental plates also give rise to domal uplifts’
- ‘These events were preceded by plume-related domal uplift.’
- ‘They are also commonly associated with large domal uplifts and have an underlying lithosphere that, like mid-ocean ridges, is abnormally thin, and invaded by low-velocity, high-temperature material.’
- ‘The shelf sinters are domal and resemble stromatolites.’
- ‘The slurry of fluid plus grains is then ‘erupted’ at the sediment-water interface, forming domal structures akin to volcanoes.’
- ‘The Helland-Hansen Arch (formerly referred to as the Molde High) is one of the largest domal features.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.