Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The part of a network address which identifies it as belonging to a particular domain.
- ‘Type in any domain name and see in an instant how much traffic the site gets, how many people link to the site, and more!’
- ‘Within the next month or so, this domain name will automatically direct you there.’
- ‘I rue the fact that I never seized on this domain name for my site.’
- ‘If you would like to use this domain name, we recommend that you reserve it as soon as possible.’
- ‘Of course, they all would like to have it as it gives them a more authentic educational domain name.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.