One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Every time I came, it seemed, I met a lugubrious local figure who shook his head and dolorously announced that the weather had been beautiful until that very morning.’
- ‘‘I have been trying to do something about getting a job and am tired and discouraged,’ he confessed dolorously to his diary.’
- ‘A burglar alarm on the house opposite is dolorously winking a tiny white light.’
- ‘‘Don't worry about it,’ he dolorously replies.’
- ‘Now you dolorously think that you really should have listened to your French teacher because you really want to understand what the site says.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.