One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Now you dolorously think that you really should have listened to your French teacher because you really want to understand what the site says.’
- ‘A burglar alarm on the house opposite is dolorously winking a tiny white light.’
- ‘Every time I came, it seemed, I met a lugubrious local figure who shook his head and dolorously announced that the weather had been beautiful until that very morning.’
- ‘‘Don't worry about it,’ he dolorously replies.’
- ‘‘I have been trying to do something about getting a job and am tired and discouraged,’ he confessed dolorously to his diary.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.