One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The formation attains a maximum thickness of 160 m and contains a variety of lithologies including dolomitic limestones, tuffs, siltstones and shales.’
- ‘The cavity was in relatively dense dolomitic limestone, suggesting that recovery of undamaged specimens could present a problem.’
- ‘The section consists of calcareous shale with intercalated sparse limestone beds, dolomitic shales, and some dolostone beds.’
- ‘If considered irrespective of depth, limestones and dolomitic limestones are more porous than dolostones, whereas at burial depths of greater than 2000 m dolostones are significantly more porous and permeable than limestones.’
- ‘The Barton Creek dolomite is in fact a dolomitic limestone, strongly recrystallized.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.