One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The process of aligning a country's currency with the US dollar.
- ‘The dollarization of local savings and credits played important roles in agents' perceptions and behavior.’
- ‘The appreciated exchange rate and the partial dollarization of the local banking system are not necessary ingredients of a currency board regime.’
- ‘He had disclosed his intention to carry on the dollarization programme set up by his predecessor.’
- ‘Where inflation and nominal interest rates are very high, dollarization may improve government finances by increasing real revenue.’
- ‘In particular, he emphasizes the loss of seigniorage as a result of moving from national currency to dollarization.’
- ‘In qualitative terms, the benefits of official dollarization also apply to a currency board system, although their quantitative significance will vary from country to country.’
- ‘In our ongoing analysis of international financial architecture, the author argues that dollarization is at most a second-best answer to currency confusion.’
- ‘Inflation rates and past depreciation in the exchange rate were largely used as explanatory variables for dollarization.’
- ‘Leaders also revealed plans for a 48-hour stoppage on May 1 against the dollarization of the currency and for freedom for political prisoners.’
- ‘For years a good part of the economics profession has been telling it to scrap the currency board in favor of dollarization.’
- ‘They know from elsewhere that the dollarization process would hit them particularly hard.’
- ‘The easiest to implement would be dollarization at current parity.’
- ‘Despite these protests, the government has insisted that dollarization is in the best interest of its citizens.’
- ‘Monetarists have also defended the use of currency boards and direct dollarization, that is, the abandonment of domestic currencies, for the same reason.’
- ‘The demonstrations rejected dollarization, corruption and the high cost of living.’
- ‘The costs of official dollarization compared with a currency board are somewhat different.’
- ‘I would argue that its economic future would be jeopardized by elimination of the currency board and that a better course would involve full dollarization.’
- ‘Financial markets in the U.S. dollar and euro, the two most likely currencies for countries considering official dollarization, are far deeper than those in any other currency.’
- ‘Things like fixed exchange rates or dollarization don't seem to work, but unfettered capital movements all too often result in a boom/bust cycle that seems wholly unnecessary.’
- ‘Last but not least, full dollarization can improve the global economy by allowing for easier integration of economies into the world's market.’
- 1.1 The dominating effect of the US on the economy of a country.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.