One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The eastern broad-billed roller of Asia and Australasia, which has a conspicuous white coin-shaped mark on the wing that is visible in flight.
Eyrystomus orientalis, family Coraciidae
- ‘Shamas, barbets, dollarbirds, bee-eaters, coucals, parakeets, pittas, shrikes, bulbuls - birds of every shape and variety, common or rare are to be found in some part of Pulau Ubin.’
- ‘The dollarbird lives in the deep forests of remote mountain areas, where the old holy mountain retreats like Mt. Koya (Koya San in Wakayama), Nikko, Kiso and others were located.’
- ‘Lorikeets, rosellas, kingfishers, dollarbirds, kookaburras, cockatoos and a variety of other species make the Atherton Blue Gum a very diverse birding haven.’
- ‘Dollarbirds readily take to nestboxes but our experience with dollarbird breeding is not large.’
- ‘Various subspecies of the dollarbird have evolved in some parts of its range.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.