One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sign $, representing a dollar.
- ‘Some interpret it narrowly and say, ‘We're in charge of only the things that have a dollar sign in front of them.’’
- ‘Instead, a large white bag with a dollar sign on it appeared in his hand.’
- ‘Now multiply 120,000 by 75 million and add a dollar sign.’
- ‘I think we could find a dollar sign somewhere here.’
- ‘There are other kinds of friendship you just can't put a dollar sign on.’
- ‘If they tell a bit of truth instead of worrying about the dollar sign, maybe we'll get a bit of justice.’
- ‘The new packaging emphasizes the dollar sign logo and has added richer colors.’
- ‘However, this morning the number key containing the dollar sign stopped working, followed by the delete key and the return key.’
- ‘Can you explain the significance of ‘living spaces that are not bound to the dollar sign?’’
- ‘We simply hate everything that has the dollar sign attached to it.’
- ‘From the sky fell a bulging burlap sack, emblazoned with an enormous dollar sign.’
- ‘The CEO then leaves ‘amicably’ to ‘pursue other interests’, and he's handed a giant sack with a dollar sign on the side of it on his way out the door.’
- ‘Right beside it is a big number with a dollar sign at the front.’
- ‘Make all entries without a dollar sign or comma but with a decimal point and cents.’
- ‘It's easier to put a dollar sign on a software purchase than to do so on lost or gained productivity.’
- ‘Squeezed in above the left arrow key is a dedicated Euro key, and above the right hand key, a dollar sign.’
- ‘Every tree cut in this forest can be translated into a simple and widely recognizable symbol: the dollar sign.’
- ‘The problem of the 21st century is the problem of the dollar sign.’
- ‘I don't think it's full disclosure unless there's a dollar sign there.’
- ‘It is merely a question of conveying instructions to the printers to effect the removal of the US dollar sign on the scratch card and replace it with the word minutes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.