One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The use of a country's financial power to extend its international influence.
- ‘One of the most striking achievements of the book is to demonstrate the reliance upon the lessons and personnel of dollar diplomacy in 1923.’
- ‘Despite its broad goals, by necessity, it is selective in its consideration of dollar diplomacy.’
- ‘For decades they used dollar diplomacy to win over nations with limited budgets where small projects building roads, bridges, wells and fisheries went a long way.’
- ‘Despite repeated protestations to the contrary by administration officials, such critics describe its foreign policy as being based almost entirely on dollar diplomacy.’
- ‘Its aid to its allies has fueled controversy and dollar diplomacy has come in for criticism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.