One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Yes, one can hear Shostakovich and Prokofiev, particularly in their most dolefully melodic moods, and I understand that Latvian folk elements have been used as well.’
- ‘We decide on a scorpion fish, a rich ruby red, its spiky fins laid harmlessly by its side, its wide round eye staring up at us dolefully.’
- ‘Thus, in Die Walküre you feel something dolefully inevitable in the social restrictions on human will that allegorically require the break between the paternal god and his illegitimate warrior daughter.’
- ‘The paramedics hustle the stricken woman within the hold of the emergency vehicle, close the doors, climb inside, and pull away from the cul-de-sac with the boisterous and dolefully sustained wail of sirens.’
- ‘We could throw around the words ‘reprehensible’ and ‘deplorable’ and dolefully express our great disappointment in his leadership.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.