One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We could throw around the words ‘reprehensible’ and ‘deplorable’ and dolefully express our great disappointment in his leadership.’
- ‘Thus, in Die Walküre you feel something dolefully inevitable in the social restrictions on human will that allegorically require the break between the paternal god and his illegitimate warrior daughter.’
- ‘We decide on a scorpion fish, a rich ruby red, its spiky fins laid harmlessly by its side, its wide round eye staring up at us dolefully.’
- ‘Yes, one can hear Shostakovich and Prokofiev, particularly in their most dolefully melodic moods, and I understand that Latvian folk elements have been used as well.’
- ‘The paramedics hustle the stricken woman within the hold of the emergency vehicle, close the doors, climb inside, and pull away from the cul-de-sac with the boisterous and dolefully sustained wail of sirens.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.