One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verb[no object]Australian, NZ
Live on unemployment benefit, especially by deliberately avoiding work.‘I've never dole-bludged or been on a benefit’
- ‘I know many who "dole bludged" early in their lives.’
- ‘Often several generations of the same household have 'dole bludged'.’
- ‘I was a writer and began painting houses for a crust, and also dole-bludged.’
- ‘The selfishness of people who want to dole bludge is exactly the same selfishness of the rich who want to cheat on taxes and grab everything for themselves.’
- ‘The Southfork folk neither drudged nor dole-bludged, nor did they play tennis or do pottery classes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.