One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adverb & adjectiveMusic
(especially as a direction) sweetly and softly.
- ‘My next solo was also marked piano dolce.’
- ‘So the question is: Can flutes play dolce music?’
- ‘The piano is often in the leading parts, and the accompanying parts play piano dolce, that's almost an entire degree softer, on the way to pianissimo.’
- ‘Though marked pianissimo and dolce, Piano I intensifies the accompaniment of the bell effects.’
- ‘The third of a triad may be emphasized above its root or fifth to create a ‘sweeter’ quality in a dolce passage.’
Italian, literally ‘sweet’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.