One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Leather made of or imitating dog's skin, especially as used for gloves.
- ‘Among these is the famous dogskin cloak (huruhuru kuri).’
- ‘These single colour women's fashion leather gloves are made of dogskin, with acrylic fibre knitted lining.’
- ‘My reasons for condemning the designer dogskin coats are much more pragmatic.’
- ‘The bobtailed, long-necked chestnut, trying to get his head, jerked the left hand, covered by a thick dogskin glove.’
- ‘The two membranes are made of dogskin, which is stretched across the drum with wooden or metal pivots.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.