One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Steal (a dog), especially in order to sell it.‘Lassie had been dognapped by a shady businessman’
- ‘It made me very mad when news channel skipped my brother's story for some rich person's dog who was dognapped.’
- ‘The film is a mix of live action and computer animation, in which Garfield reluctantly adopts the role of hero-in-training when Odie is dognapped by a ruthless TV host.’
- ‘If you act too weird, some sleazy carny operator's liable to try to dognap you and make you perform for dog bones.’
- ‘I never noticed a thing until my girl was dognapped last week (totally my fault; I tied her up outside a store as I always did in San Francisco, but this is Los Angeles).’
- ‘After Odie is dognapped, Garfield sets out on a journey to find his long-lost canine cohort.’
- ‘The owner of a valuable prize Shih-tzu commissions the lads to dognap another champion Shih-tzu which belongs to his ex-lover and biggest rival.’
- ‘I dognapped the dog though.’
- ‘I began pacing, worried that its owner might wander by in the midst of what he thought was a casual late-afternoon walk with his ‘Liberian Rusky’ and seeing us, accuse us of dognapping.’
- ‘The tension between the species comes to a head when the Brody family dog is kid - er, dognapped.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.