One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Fergus is an affectionate, bossy and extremely stubborn cat, but he's also the most doglike cat I've ever known.’
- ‘Today the slender doglike creatures with pointy ears and bushy tails can be found in every state except Hawaii.’
- ‘Somewhat doglike in appearance, he had greyish-brown fur, a short, boxy muzzle, and a tiny stub of a tail, but also had long, pointy ears, a small button nose, and royal blue hair on his head.’
- ‘Joyce trusted him, and whenever she sought his help he gave her whatever she needed, with whining complaints and doglike worship.’
- ‘He snarled, showing off his doglike fangs in a rage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.