Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who works with trained dogs.‘a police dog handler’
- ‘My aim is to become a police officer then gain promotion and be a dog handler.’
- ‘The board feels a second dog handler would help the situation.’
- ‘Twenty members of the volunteer team and a dog handler from the Search and Rescue Dog Association were called out by North Yorkshire Police just after midnight on Saturday morning.’
- ‘His body was finally discovered nearly four weeks later on April 2 by a police dog handler walking along the river bank.’
- ‘A dog handler and the police helicopter were also called in as officers spent a tense two hours outside the house.’
- ‘But when the suspect abandoned the Volvo S40 and jumped out on Adelphi Street, near the River Irwell, the dog handler chased him on foot.’
- ‘I looked out of the window and saw about 12 police officers with at least half of them armed and a dog handler and four police vehicles.’
- ‘He became a skilled dog handler and was one of the Magnetic Pole party who established a sledging record of 41 miles in one day.’
- ‘A fireman was shot as he tried to douse a blazing jobcentre and a police dog handler survived a bullet ricocheting inside his vehicle.’
- ‘He fled but a police dog handler who was passing the pub tracked him down to a bungalow in nearby Little Cheverell.’
- ‘Last year Coetzee applied to become a dog handler.’
- ‘His gang had also been planning a raid on a post office in Bolton when it was inadvertently thwarted by a police dog handler.’
- ‘Around half a dozen officers and a dog handler searched the premises yesterday but did not recover any drugs or drugs paraphernalia.’
- ‘At about 1.30 am a dog handler who was first on the scene smashed through a window and dragged the children out.’
- ‘Regulations stated he could not enter a Category A prisoner's cell alone and only went in accompanied by three other officers, including a dog handler.’
- ‘A dog handler and other officers received a barrage of abuse and were pelted with various missiles, Basildon Crown Court heard.’
- ‘An internal investigation is continuing and it could be weeks before the dog handler discovers if he faces any sanction from the police.’
- ‘A police dog handler - the first on the scene - smashed his way into the locked vehicle, dragged the children outside and gave them the kiss of life.’
- ‘Her body was discovered on Sunday, April 2, by a police dog handler walking along the river bank.’
- ‘The incident on Friday afternoon began when a dog handler parked on Saxon Way, about half a mile from the airport, was routinely observing passing vehicles.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.