One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device for coupling two shafts in order to transmit motion, one part having teeth which engage with slots in another.
- ‘It uses dog clutches to engage the drives and utilises their robust nature to eliminate damage to the gears.’
- ‘Check the engagement lugs on the dog clutch and also the corresponding lugs on the faces of the gears.’
- ‘Interlocks are provided so that the brake and dog clutch can only be selected in ‘idle’ mode.’
- ‘The dog clutch slides along the axle shaft and engages on the side of the differential carrier.’
- ‘I am looking for a dog clutch for an old 272 Ford motor installed in an old ski boat I have just purchased.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.